LG Williams’ MONA LISA: How To Explain Art
To The Sports Generation (2004)
(Below) Renowned British art historian Martin Kemp, acknowledged as the world authority on Leonardo da Vinci, spoke about the iconic Mona Lisa as a statement of the artist’s ideas about nature and the natural world. November 5, Laguna Art Museum.
Above (R) on projected screen: LG Williams, How To Explain Art To The Sports Generation (Mona Lisa), 2004, 40 x 30” (Variable), Reflective Ink Silkscreen on Engineer Grade Reflective Sheeting on Heavy-Duty Aluminium. Collection: Dr. Julia Friedman, Brentwood, CA.
• 2004 — Press Release (2004) with Ralph Nader: How To Explain Art To The Sports Generation (pdf)
• 2005 — Los Angeles Times, A mart for new art: Contemporary pieces are stock in trade at artLA, Suzanne Muchnic (pdf)
• 2011 — GrandBag Art Magazine, LG Williams Interview with Alexis Jama Bieri (French), www.grandbag.fr (In English)
• 2013 — Java Magazine, LG Williams: Unconventional Wisdom, Jenna Duncan (pdf) (archived)
• 2013 — Fruit Of The Forest Magazine #4, fruitoftheforestmagazine.com (pdf)
• 2017 — California Cool 2017, Laguna Art Museum, Staff Picks (archived 01 – 02)